POSTERITY IS THE COMPENSATOR OF EVERY NOBLE EFFORT: I HAVE FOUGHT A GOOD FIGHT
~~ Gboyega Nasir Isiaka
- On Saturday 9th March, 2019, I contested for the office of Ogun State Governor on the platform of the African Democratic Congress ADC; the third time in a long journey of passionate desire to serve. It is no longer news that INEC has declared a winner and the result must be respected.
- Let me once again congratulate my brother, Prince Dapo Abiodun on his victory at the election. I have put a call through to congratulate him and his wife on the momentous occasion. It is an election and not a do or die affair; for which a victor must emerge. I sincerely wish him well in the huge task of governance.
- For me, the aftermath of this election represents a defining moment and we can begin to take relevant stock. The desire to serve Ogun State has never been about self pursuit but the strong will to change a wrong system and make life more meaningful to our people.
- At huge personal risk, I put myself forward on three consecutive elections with a firm conviction that I and my team have what it takes to substantially elevate socioeconomic welfare of Ogun State and make it greater. To this, we commited ourselves for the last 12 years.
- This short statement will not attempt to chronicle my experience within these period as I will surely do so in the nearest future; for definitely, I have a lot to share that will enhance the political historiography of Ogun State.
- Though I am from Ogun West senatorial district and I carried a burden to ensure that the glaring inequality in this state, I consciously pursued a pan-Ogun state agenda; and I am proud of the campaign we ran all through.
- Let me use this medium to appreciate the people of Ogun State for all the votes I got in this election and the two previous ones. I do not take it for granted and remain eternally grateful. To my core associates that have stayed the length of this course, you all are a pillar I will continue to be beholden.
- I reserve utmost regard and immeasurable thanks to all my supporters for being so loyal, dedicated and hardworking. The family bond and camaraderie among us was a strong factor for fighting on. From the depth of my heart, I say thank you all. May Almighty God reward your steadfastness and love.
- Prior to my moving to the ADC, I ran a movement called ‘The Believe Movement’; that promoted values such as delayed gratification, integrity, transparency, shared prosperity and good governance. I will continue to pursue this objective for the good of society.
- Once again, I thank everyone that has been part of this journey. I urge my people not to feel sad or be despondent at this latest result. I know that posterity is the compensator of every noble effort and for me, I am convinced that we have fought a good fight.
Gboyega Nasir Isiaka (GNI)